Friday, April 6, 2007

Hmmm must post something....

Okay, so it's been too long and I figured I should post something......Yesterday was my Mom's birthday, Happy Birthday Mom! We had a little dinner at home, by her request, it was very yummy and relaxing.

George started a new quarter in school this week. He finally got all his grades from last quarter.....

All A's!!!! YAY for George! Such a smart guy, he is especially happy that so far he has A's in all the graduate level classes he's taken also, very cool!

I have had a crazy week (no pun intended...okay maybe a litte) I work for a health insurance company, and we used to outsource our mental health benefit to another company. They weren't doing a very good job, so management decided to bring the process 'in house'. And guess who gets to handle that project, yup, that would be me. This intails answering all the incoming calls from people wanting mental health services, screening them for a basic diagnosis, finding a provider that matches their needs and entering referrals for them etc... it has been very interesting and the call volume is much higher than we expected....and what do I think after a week of this? They should pay me more!

Hmmm what else.....

Wedding stuff, plans are going well, we have ordered dresses, mine and the bridesmaids, we have someone to do photos, we have a place of course (for ceremony and reception), we have the invitations, music, meeting with the florist next friday...still need tuxes, need to reserve our date with the bakery....but I think we are doing good, still have four months to go.

I found some flowers that I just lovelovelove! I always have loved orchids, but I saw these in the store yesterday, and they wanted to come home with me. I think they are soooo beautiful...I want some at the wedding, but we will see.

2 comments:

Emily Marie said...

Those are beautiful flowers! Also Carlos often has those thoughts, 'they should pay me more'. Sometimes you feel like you do more than you should!
All the wedding stuff sounds like it is coming together. Good luck with the cake, I hope you can find what you like!

nAnnie Laurie said...

First - Happy Belated Birthday 'mom' -- next -- sounds like you're doing very well on wedding plans - no rushing, et all and last but not least --- drum roll please -- congratulations to George for a job hard earned and well done! mommy loves her baby :)