Saturday, January 10, 2009

Something....

Umm so I need to post something......all the snow is gone. I only got about a third of my dahlias dug before the icy weather hit, so I'm hoping some of the ones still in the ground survive the winter. I was planning to dig up all 100+ plant and divide the tubers to sell. As it is, I dug about 45 plants. So I'll have a bunch of tubers, 8-10 from each plant, just not as many as I was planning on....
Ahhhhh...I went to see my horse today, but they were super naughty so I just ended up cleaning poo instead. A tree fell across the arena fence a couple days ago and today they finally decided it wasn't scary anymore, so they got out. This was before I got there. The gaits were open since they horses were supposed to be lock in. Marilee came down to feed and there were three horses missing! She got in the car and went down the driveway looking for them, and they decided to be afraid of the car and ran away from her....all the way to the road. She was able to get them back in the gait but they wouldn't follow her back to the barn. The whole ordeal took her about an hour to resolve, and I got there about 5 mins after she got back to the house. So yeah, we didn't try to catch them, just cleaned up the barn.
There, I updated something...

2 comments:

Nanny-Laurie :) said...

oh poor scared naughty horsies! I hope they can settle down soon and that you can ride next week. Teach me about Dahlias, won't you -- I have some but never dig them up - lazy me!!!

Jamie and Galen Fish said...

Oh boy an update! Woo!