Sunday, April 18, 2010

Oh sleep, how I miss you....

Norah will be 8 months old tomorrow. She was sleeping through the night until about 5.5 months old. Ever since then she has been waking up 2-3 or more times at night. Sometimes hungry, sometimes just crying for reasons we can't figure out. I miss sleeping. I have read so many things to try and help her: eat more solids, nap better, get her to bond with a lovey, it's just because of milestones, it's just a phase, let her cry it out, don't let her cry it out. AGH!
Any suggestions from all you wise mommas out there?

4 comments:

Francis said...

my daughter is doing the exact same thing! I started working a little backwards and added an extra feeding.. her bedtime is still at 8:30 but I wake her up at 11 then nurse her again and then she will sleep until 6am, Im hoping to drop this in a couple of weeks. Dont know if this will work, but I sure hope it does. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Let me ask you this... is she going to sleep on her own at bedtime? If she isn't, she needs to learn how (so much easier said than done). I'm not a huge fan of letting them cry their eyes out, but a lot of the time if they know you will respond, they will do just about anything to get you to come to them. I personally LOVE Babywise (even if some people think it's controversial.... )... it may be worth a read.. I think perhaps with her age you should check out Babywise II... I think that starts at 9 months. Good luck! Oh, and I'm going to be doing a post on babywise at some point when I find a minute. ;)

nAnnie Laurie said...

here is the best I can give you - do what feels right TO YOU - you're her mommy, not anyone else --- learn to listen to your heart and it will tell you what to do in that moment -- nothing else matters <3 <3 <3

Olivia Heilmann said...

WOW Time flies!
I don't know what else to try. Just lots of food and let her cry it out if she needs to.
Love you! Hang in there.