Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Grandma

You dedicated blog readers might remember from a few posts ago that my grandma was diagnosed with liver cancer just after Christmas. We lost her yesterday after a three month battle, she put up a good fight and lasted longer than the doctors expected. She was a wonderful Grandma, I will miss her stories and perhaps her wink most of all. She had a way of winking at you from across the room that just made you feel special and always made me smile. We will have a service for her in Burns, OR on Saturday. She will be buried with my Grandpa, who we lost in 1996, almost almost eleven years ago, a long time to live without your spouse.
Not trying to make anyone sad! But not all the posts can be happy ones.

4 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

Oh Lynnette - I am so sorry. I know how it feels to lose a grandparent that you are so close with. My prayers are with you and your family. I love you.

Olivia Heilmann said...

Lynette....I am so sorry for you, too. I am here if you need me...I have brownie dough! That always seems to cheer me up. We can make blondie brownie dough...no chocolate. Don't hesitate to call or come over whenever. Sometimes a change of scenery or a fun game will lift your spirits. Of course...there is always cake mix too. That's a new one from a friend of mine. ;)

Emily Marie said...

my condolences to you and your family! (I never know what to say in these situations, so most of the time I don't say anything at all but I wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and your family!)

Mina said...

love and hugs from me as well