Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Hurray for Georgie!!!!

He is so smart! But of course we all know that :-) George has been working in the engineering lab at PSU for several quarters now on a big project that I do not understand at all! But everyone that he works with there or has shown the project to says he is doing a great job, including the professor he is working for. She is so impressed she had him submit a paper to an engineering conference, and he has been selected to present his research at the conference!!!!! The paper will be published too, and he gets to be the first author, he will be published before he even finishes his undergrad degree! Cool huh?! Want a litte more? All that awesomeness isn't enough? The conference is held in Hawaii! AND the school is paying for the travel expenses! For those of you keeping track, okay that's probably just me, but this will be George's THIRD trip to Hawaii, first two were with Clark jazz band, none of which he has had to pay for.

4 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

Hooray for Georgie!! yep yep and ummmm oh yeah -- yep!! smart and handsome and talented and cute - all rolled into one package! are you nervous about presenting at conference?? CONGRATULATIONS! WAHOO!

Emily Marie said...

Wow that is great! I am jealous, I have never been to Hawaii, nor have I have been so good and smart that I was published!! YIPEEEEE!!!

Mina said...

I am so...so...so proud of my brother!!! GEORGE, YOU ROCK!!! I always knew you were a genius...now the rest of the world will know it, too!

Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow!! That is super fantastic. I am so very proud of you. So...what is the general idea of this big project? I am sure you have explained it to me before...but I need a refresh. And what kind of engineering are you studying anyway? Boy, I feel so out of touch. CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an amazing accomplishment!!!