Saturday, August 30, 2008

Peaches

Ohhhh Ahhhh:

So if anyone likes to can peaches now is the time! We just picked up three boxes from BiZi farms on 119th. Boxes are 20lbs of peaches for $24.95. We did call around to some other the other farms and this is a good price. They have a couple different types but we got the Hale Havens. And they are so so so good! They are a sweet, full of flavor, free stone, easy to peel peach, great for canning. Usually they are a little green when you get them, but these are ready Now, so we will be canning them tomorrow :)
Pears are next! And we need to do a few more batches of greenbeans before they're done, but we're growing those here. Oh and we found out the chickens really like cooked greenbeans, and grasshoppers...
Georgie is in DC on an Army thing, he comes home tomorrow yay! He is having fun visiting with Sarah and Emily and the girls. He took the camara with him, so hopefully there will be lots of pictures to post. There's not a whole lot going on over here. I'm enjoying not having to go to the office! My fingers are hurting a little from all the weed pulling though...but my flower beds are looking much better. I'll get some pictures of them soon, but the camara is a little far away right now!

TaDa!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Yum! Peaches! I went home and ate mine right away. Was hard to peel, but delicious anyway.

Lynnette said...

Hard to peel huh? I had two and they were pretty easy to peel...Oh well!

Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow!! I wish I knew how to can. I have gone to many 'canning classes' at church...but I am a hands on person. Too bad I am working tomorrow...otherwise I would sneak over and help you can.

Emily Marie said...

Yum that sounds good! We forgot about peaches this year, I need to get some and make a cobbler!!