Sunday, August 1, 2010

Green Bean and Sausage Chili

We have a green bean chili recipe that is really yummy. I though I was going to make it last night, but after looking around the kitchen we were lacking some pretty major ingredients. So we just improvised! It turned out soooo sooo good. If you would like to try it, I thought I would write it down before I forget what we put in it!

1 lb sweet italian sausage
4-5 cups chopped fresh green beans (cut to 1-2inch pieces)
1 can kidney beans
1 jar spaghetti sauce (4-6 large tomatoes would be better)
2 large onions
1 Tbsp dry basil (fresh basil would be great too)
1 Tbsp chili powder
2-3 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
Sour cream to top it off

Brown the sausage in a big stew pot. Add chopped onions and stir around until they soften a little. Then just dump the rest of the stuff in! Simmer until the green beans are done. Top with sour cream, or not, but we like sour cream over here!

No comments: