Sunday, February 22, 2009

OSU, Bronchitis, Trimester Two, Garden

Okay, it's been a while, I know.....
Yesterday Mom and I went down to OSU for the Small Farms Conference. It was interesting. There were several different sessions you could attend, each about an hour long. We learned about advertising, promotion, weed control, food safety, and a few other things. It was a long long day, two hours down there and two back, it started at 8 am and finished at about 5pm. It might not have seemed so long if I had some sleep the night before. But my poor Georgie has been really sick since Friday. Icky fever, coughing, sore throat, aches and pains, basically the flu. I felt bad leaving him here on Saturday, but he survived.
We went to the urgent care this morning since our dr office is closed and his fever hasn't let up, oh and he started coughing up nasty brownish green stuff. It's very strange for him to be sick. We were both trying to remember the last time he was actually sick and not allergy sick. It's been years. But he's really getting hit hard this time, probably because he was working so hard the last few weeks on some pretty stressful stuff at PSU. Anyway, we went to the urgent care downtown, and after about three hours, a chest xray, and maybe two minutes with the doc, we were out with the dx of bronchitis. So now he's on some meds that will hopefully work quickly and get him feeling better!
We've been trying to be really careful about hand washing and not spreading this ickiness. I really don't want to get sick, aside from the obvious I don't want to be sick, I'm worried about being sick and pregnant since I can't take a bunch of over the counter meds. So far so good. Ummm prego wise I'm good. Still not showing, well not enough for anyone else to notice! I'll take a picture when you can see something. I have more energy now, and I'm starting to get hungry again. I haven't stepped on the scale for a while but I'm pretty sure the weight loss is over! My next OB appt is March 2nd, just for the routine stuff. The ultrasound will be some time towards the end of March.
Garden stuff is going well. We've planted lots of blueberries (28), 10 of 12 grape plants, more strawberries, a fig tree, a rainier cherry tree, a bartlet pear-still going to add one more, an asian pear, a plum tree, and a persimmon tree. I trimmed down the rest of the roses to about knee high, but still need to thin them out/final prune before they really start growing, which will probably be this coming week since our weather has been in the 60's. We haven't started the veggies yet, but that will be very soon also. Oh and I really need to go check on the dahlia tubers in the basement, they probably need a little water.
Okay, I think that's everything....

3 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

Oh my Georgie! Tim, then Livvy, both boys, me and Livvy again - yep! sick! coughing, vomiting, aches and pains (in numerous combos) I'm so sorry for you, boy! The meds for me worked very quickly, so hang in there dear! Lynnette -- you work so hard! classes and planting !?!? you're amazing -- can you come over here some day soon, perhaps, and teach me how far I can prune my own little roses?? there are a few pretty gangly ones. Love you both!

Duane And Nancy said...

Hang in there,George, I am sure the antibiotics will do their magic! I am sick right now too, think I have a sinus infection, I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to get my drugs!! Keep washing the hands and using sanitizer!!

Olivia Heilmann said...

My goodness! You have been busy! We have been busy being sick. YUCK. We are almost over it...cross our fingers. We miss you guys!