Monday, August 24, 2009

Part One


I’m having a hard time getting this started…Aside from all the bits and pieces of stories I keep thinking of, I’m distracted by the bundle of insane cuteness sleeping in her boppy bouncer just a few feet away. Oh, hold on, she’s starting in to squirm and snort a little, so maybe she’s ready for another burp….nope, back to sleep. Did I mention the insane cuteness? It’s really almost more than I can handle.
Her nights are the worst so far. Anytime between 9pm and 3am every night since we’ve been home, she’s been a screaming mad gas baby. But I can get into that more later…
So Tuesday the 18th I went to the OB at 2:30 for my 40 week appointment. I could tell baby had gotten lower, she had been hurting my sciatic on the left for a few days. I’m sure moving our bedroom downstairs Sunday and Monday helped her move down too! So the doc checked my vitals, I think my blood pressure was up to 122/78, ooohh I know not high but it was the highest I’d been. She did a pelvic exam, first one I’d bothered doing since it finally felt like baby had moved. I was at a good 3-4cm! Doc said her head was low but not fully engaged yet and she was still a little sideways which is why my sciatic hurt. She suggested I get on hands and knees and rock a while since it might help the baby move around to a better position. We briefly talked about induction at 41 weeks, and I told her I was against it unless there was a problem with the baby, so she told me to make another appointment for Monday and they would start fetal monitoring. This of course assuming I didn’t have the baby by then. She guessed it would be another two days or so, but you can never be sure……
I remember having Mom feel my belly that evening when it would get hard. I couldn’t really feel anything, but randomly I’d notice my whole belly was just about rock hard, didn’t hurt at all, just felt weird to poke at! So yay, Braxton Hicks contractions means some progress! Too bad they weren’t regular. George and I went to bed around 10:30 and talked about where to eat for our Anniversary dinner the next day, wow it’s been two years already?! We never did decide where to go. I guess it’s a good thing because it wasn’t going to happen anyway!
I woke up at about 12:45 needing to go to the bathroom.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Don't forget the fainting part. Cuz that really freaked me out. You know, the fainting. Cuz we didn't know if you'd fainted or... well, just "or" is enough.

BABY!
hehe...

Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow...the cuteness of it all...