Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kick her while she's down

Yup that's right. Kidney stone. Started really hurting about 6pm yesterday and just got worse from there. I had pain pills left from delivery so I took two of those and we went to urgent care at about 9pm. Norah stayed with grandma and grandpa so she wouldn't be exposed to all the sick people. Grandma was able to give her the first bottle feeding while we were gone. She took it well and wanted more since I was only able to pump 2oz before we left. George did an amazing job last night since I was all loopy on pain meds. I don't think I can say it enough times what a wonderful husband and daddy he is. He gave Norah a bottle around 4am when I was hurting too much to get up. Thankfully I was able to pump several more ounces before we went to bed so we had a bottle waiting for her!
So, I've been told by several people child birth is worse than a kidney stone which I found hard to believe prior to having Norah. Now, well, kidney stones really really hurt, but labor/delivery is a whole different level of hurt.

2 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

OH MY GOSH!!! NO WAY.

That just doesn't seem fair. Good thing you married MY brother! You know we couldn't have parted with him for any one more worthy.

You are amazing!

nAnnie Laurie said...

ouchie ouchie owie owie -- hang in there and pass it soon -- is there anyway to "blast" the stone??