Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shoulda called 6 months ago!

I just got my premium/renewal for my car insurance and it went up $33 on my 6month cost breakdown. Annoying but not horrible. But I noticed in my policy it says I drive 100+ miles a week to/from work or school, and 7,500+miles annually, ummm not. Well, not since last August when I quit my job. I drove less than 2k miles in the last three months according to my oil change sticker thingie. I really only drive to the grocery store, post office, and the barn. So I called the car insurance folks, and guess what? Now my car is qualifies for a lower category, which saves me $54 on my six month policy, Yay! If I'd only noticed this on the last renewal I could have already saved us some money, but at least I caught it this time. Every little bit helps!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Live and learn! At least you figured it out :) We're in the process of trying to find cheaper internet service. Not as easy as it might seem >.<

nAnnie Laurie said...

good idea - I will check with my insurance, too, since all I do is go to school and back and occasionally to the grocery...