Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bridal Show

Mom and I went to the PDX Bridal Show yesterday. There was a fashion show of dresses and tuxes, some nice, some really really awful. There were lots of vendors for flowers, cakes, photos, dresses, and venues, so I was bombarded with cards and papers from a lot of them, some of them were really pushy! We both had several cake samples, yummy...Then we went to a dress shop here in vancouver and tried, or kinda tried some dresses on. Some of them we got out of the bag and they had a Huge train to the skirt, and I just wasn't interested, so I think I only tried on three and of those I liked one. The lady that was helping us was really nice, quite a bit older than the other gals there and very very short! Shorter than Aunt Judy, yes really! I felt a little awkward talking with her just because I was really looking down at her. And the difference between her and my mom, who is 5'10'' was really drastic.
George spent most of yesterday at PSU working on his paper that has to be done by Monday. He left this morning around 9am and is going to stay at school until its done. He is working really hard to get this done, sometime I wonder if his lab professor has forgotten he's not a grad student yet! I know he can do it, I just feel bad seeing him so stressed, but he has good reason, this has been a really difficult project.
Its been really cold here, barely making above freezing...right now its just after 1pm and its reading 33degrees. We still have some snow left from thursday, but otherwise it's dry.
We are going to look at more dresses this afternoon, I really wish my chickie was here to help. As some of you may know, my friend Rhea (aka chickie) who used to be my roommate, has moved to Hawaii. She is my maid of honor, but will only be able to be here for about a week just prior to the wedding. I am really glad my Mom is here to help, and we have a great relationship, but it's just not quite the same as having your best friend at your side. I miss you chickie!

No comments: