Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Adventure

Well, we managed to leave the house today, in my car none the less! We first tried putting chains on my Dad's truck, but it wouldn't go into 4wheel drive so he couldn't get it up from the lower driveway. So, I have cable chains for my car, which used to be Rhea's. So the boys put the cables on my car, which is in the upper driveway so no hill to go up. The main roads have been plowed so it wasn't too bad once we got further in town. Dad drove George, Strider, and I to the vet. And the verdict is, no infection! yay! But his ear is very swollen and he has a hematoma developing between the cartilage in his ear. This is what happened last time that made his ear crinkle. Dr Wendy says there isn't much she can do about it, just let it drain on it's own, and give the kitty happy pills :-) And boy are they working! We all watched a movie tonight, and Strider sat at the window looking at nothing almost the whole time. He's still walking a little sideways and it's been about 10hrs since he had a pill, must be good stuff!
We've got the news on right now, and apparently we're getting more snow tonight! Less than an inch supposedly, but we will see.

1 comment:

Emily Marie said...

well I am glad you are getting the infection resolved! Fun about the snow, although when it makes life stop for a few days, that does get a little irritating! We got some flurries today and we were all excited. We might not get a big snow this year! :( Oh well, I guess I will have to go to the mountains!!